Valley Hosts Two Exciting Bowl Games
The teams will be met with fanfare and fans from across the country will fly into the Valley of the Sun for the Buffalo Wild Wings and the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl games. Meanwhile, Phoenix Sky Harbor staff has been working hard preparing for the arrivals.
For those travelers attending the bowl games, here are some important travel tips:
- Bringing home a game program? Please place your program in your carry-on bag rather than checked luggage. Because the shape, size and materials used in the programs, they’re not easily identified in the checked baggage screening process and may cause luggage to be hand-searched.
- Make sure to allow time to check in and get through Airport security. Travelers are advised to arrive to the Airport a minimum of two hours before flight departure.
- Travelers who need to return a rental car should be aware that the Rental Car Center may be busy the day after the games . Arrive at the Rental Car Center early to allow for transfer to the terminals, check-in, and security.
- Sky Harbor has a mobile website. Visit skyharbor.com on your mobile device for Airport information. You can even find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
- Have additional questions while in the Airport? Ask one of our volunteer Navigators in the purple jackets for help, visit an Information Counter, or ask any one of our friendly Operations staff. We are here to assist you.
And, fans will be excited to find that many of our shops have special bowl game merchandise for sale. Sky Harbor is always one of the first locations where fans can purchase shirts with the final game scores. It is easy for travelers to pick them up as they head out of town. Items for purchase will be in Airport shops December 26-January 6.
Published: December 21, 2012