In Town for NASCAR? Check Out These Travel Tips
Race fans will flock to the Phoenix International Raceway this weekend for a variety of NASCAR events including the Bashas’ Supermarket 200 on Saturday and the Subway Fresh Fit 500 on Sunday. For those traveling to Phoenix for the event, please be aware of the following tips when flying out:
- NASCAR programs must be placed in your carry-on bags.
- The following items are prohibited in carry-on bags: tires, tire irons, new fuel pumps. They can be placed in checked luggage.
- The following items are completely prohibited from both carry-on bags and checked luggage: oil cans, used fuel pumps and airbags.
- If renting a car at PHX Sky Harbor, make reservations in advance for the best price and vehicle type as selection can be limited for walk-up customers during major events.
- For additional travel tips, check out the Travel Tips section of our website.
Published: February 27, 2012