Holiday Gift Ideas and Promotions at Sky Harbor
As the holiday season approaches, trying to find the perfect gift for family or friends is often a challenge. And, sometimes, a little last minute shopping on your way out of town is in order. If this is the case, look no further than Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. America’s Friendliest Airport® offers an array of shopping options and gift ideas for everyone on your list.
Whether you are looking for something sparkly, tasty, handmade or with a Southwestern flair, Phoenix Sky Harbor has you covered. A variety of shops throughout the Airport’s three terminals offer gifts for everyone on your list. From sports fans, to readers, to the little ones, the options are endless. Several stores even have promotions and special events this holiday season to help out gift givers.
- On December 16, from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., an ornament signing will be taking place at Explore Arizona (pre-security) in Terminal 4.
- On December 16, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., local gourmet food vendor Rising Hi will be conducting a tasting at Desert News & Gifts in Terminal 4 near Gates B1-B14.
- On December 19, the Coke Polar Bear will be at Desert News & Gifts at Terminal 4 near Gates B1-B14 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Bring your camera!
- On December 22, Orca sampling will be taking place at CNBC in Terminal 4 near gates D1-D8 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- On December 22, there will be an ornament signing of Arizona-made ornaments at Explore Arizona in Terminal 4 (Level 3, pre-security) from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- On December 23, there will be a Prime Snax Beef Jerky Sampling from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at CNBC in Terminal 4 near Gates D1-D8.
- On December 23, there will be a Mama Rosa’s sampling at Desert News and Gifts at Terminal 4 near Gates B1-B14 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- At Desert News & Gifts near Gates B1-B14 in Terminal 4 and Desert Images in Terminal 3 (both pre-security and near Gates 2-9), customers who spend $20 or more in a single transaction will receive one plush bear while supplies last.
PGA Tour Shops is offering savings of up to 50% off select merchandise including Nike Golf, Callaway and Pebble Beach items. The sale runs until December 24 and is available in both PGA Tour Shop locations – Terminal 3 (pre-security) and Terminal 4 (near Gates B1-B14).
Looking for a gift that is both one-of-a-kind and helps others? Avila Retail is pleased to offer for the first time an Avila Angel. The Avila Angel is a beaded ornament handmade by women in the Bridge of Africa Organization, a group that promotes sustainable development and fair trade in Africa. 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of the ornaments benefit the local Valley of the Sun United Way. The Avila Angels are $7.99 each and can be purchased from Earth Spirit or Talking Hands in Terminal 3 or Mosaic in Terminal 4, all pre-security.
And, those looking for a tasty and unique Southwestern gift might want to purchase El Bravo’s famous tamales. El Bravo, located near Gates D1-D8 in Terminal 4 sells tamales by both the dozen and half dozen. Three flavors are available – green corn chicken, red beef, or vegetarian. No preservatives, lard or animal fats are used in the products. Decorative packaging is available and prices run $36.99 for a dozen or $19.99 for a half dozen. Each package comes with reheating and cooling instructions along with a phone number for questions. The packaged tamales are cooked and frozen and will remain frozen for three to four hours, but will last without refrigeration for about six hours, making it an easy gift for travelers.
So as you fly to your destination, be sure to check out some of Phoenix Sky Harbor’s many shops for your gift needs. And, if you are traveling toward the end of the month, gift-wrapping will again be available in Terminal 4. Find out more information about this in the coming weeks.
Updated: December 12, 2011