Expect a Busy Airport AND Parking Deals This Summer Travel Season
Phoenix, AZ – The summer travel season begins Memorial Day weekend. Phoenix Sky Harbor will see an increase in passengers, especially leisure travelers, today through Friday, then again on Monday and Tuesday. The Airport’s passenger numbers are up about 4 percent so far this year. On an average day, Sky Harbor sees 90-100,000 passengers. On this busy holiday weekend, the Airport will serve about 120,000 passengers per day.
If you are planning to park at the Airport this Memorial Day weekend, Sky Harbor is offering a coupon for 40% off the terminal garage rate May 26 through June 1. Download the coupon from skyharbor.com and you can park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. This means no waiting for buses - just drive to your terminal, park, and walk right to the ticket counter or security checkpoint. Sky Harbor will offer the same discount coupon during the entire month of July.
Sky Harbor is offering the following travel tips:
- Do NOT arrive at the last minute. Get to Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking or checking bags.
- If you’re planning to park, visit skyharbor.com/parking for options, price and space availability. You may also call our 24-hour parking hotline 602-273-4545.
- Save time: check in on-line and print your boarding pass before coming to the Airport.
- If you have questions about security screening contact the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673, www.tsa.gov or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Most liquids and gels brought through the checkpoint must be in 3 oz containers or less. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won’t be delayed looking for this information.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
Published: May 25, 2011