Early Bag Check
A new service makes it even easier for travelers to take the train to the plane, eliminating the need to carry checked luggage aboard the PHX Sky Train.
- Travelers flying American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and US Airways are able to utilize this service.
- Early Bag Check is available at East Economy Parking, the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station, and the Rental Car Center.
- Those parking at East Economy are able to drop off their luggage before they park. Travelers should look for signs when entering East Economy parking.
- Travelers using the METRO light rail or who are dropped off at the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station are able to check their bags on Level 2 on the east side of the station.
- Travelers using the Rental Car Center are able to check their bags after returning their car and before boarding the Airport Shuttle.
- Those travelers wishing to use the Early Bag Check service should check their bags a minimum of 90 minutes prior to their flight departure. Please note due to airline policies, baggage cannot be checked more than four hours in advance of flight departure.
- There is no additional cost for this service though individual airline bag fees still apply. Gratuities are accepted for great service.
- Please note that some special baggage items such as car seats and sporting good equipment need to be checked at the Airline Ticket Counter.
- For East Economy, hours of operation are 4 a.m. - 6 p.m., 7 days a week, including holidays.
- For 44th Street, hours of operation are 6 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday through Saturday, including holidays.
- For the Rental Car Center, hours of operation are 5 a.m. - 6 p.m., 7 days a week, including holidays.
- We apologize but Early Bag Check cannot currently be used by Southwest Customers flying on a senior fare. The airline is currently working on a fix. In the meantime those travelers flying on senior fares should check in at the Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter in Terminal 4.
- Early Bag Check is not available to international travelers at this time.