Aviation Press Releases
September 1, 2011
Sky Harbor Offers Labor Day Weekend Parking Discount and Travel Tips
Phoenix, AZ – If you are traveling for the Labor Day holiday weekend and planning to park at the Airport, Sky Harbor is offering a coupon for 40% off the terminal garage rate September 1-7. Download the coupon from skyharbor.com by answering a few quick survey questions and you can park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. This means no waiting for buses – just drive to your terminal, park, and walk right to the ticket counter or security checkpoint. More information
Because the Labor Day weekend can be busy, Sky Harbor is offering the following travel tips:
- Do NOT arrive at the last minute. Get to Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking or checking bags.
- If you’re planning to park, visit skyharbor.com/parking for options, price and space availability. You may also call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- If you park in the Economy Parking lots, look for a sign to scan a QR Code. Use your phone to scan it and we will send you a note reminding you where you parked. QR Codes are also available at the bus stops for information on transferring terminals.
- Save time: check in on-line and print your boarding pass before coming to the Airport.
- If you have questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673, or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Most liquids and gels brought through the checkpoint must be in 3 oz containers or less. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won’t be delayed looking for this information.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
- Additional travel tips