Aviation Press Releases
Traveling for Memorial Day?
Parking Coupon & Travel Tips
Phoenix, AZ – Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will be busy this week as the Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of the summer travel season. The Airport is offering several new conveniences along with a terminal garage parking coupon.
From May 23-30, travelers can take advantage of 40% off the terminal garage parking rate. Download the coupon and park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. Upon exiting the parking garage, use one of the lanes with a parking attendant. You may still pay with a credit card, but an attendant must process the coupon. Travelers can also show the coupon on their mobile device to receive the discount. Please note this discount is not available in the Terminal 2 Economy section.
For those who are dropping off or picking up travelers flying Southwest or US Airways, the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train™ Station offers a handy alternative to driving into the Airport. There's even a cell phone lot where you can wait free of charge while your party takes the PHX Sky Train to the 44th Street Station. To access the 44th Street PHX Sky Train™ Station from the 202 Red Mountain Freeway, exit at 44th Street and head south. The entrance to the PHX Sky Train™ Station is south of Washington on Madison. The station also offers four-hour parking meters for those who would like to park and ride the train into the Airport to meet their party.
Sky Harbor offers the convenience of Early Bag Check in two locations: the 44th Street PHX Sky Train™ Station and East Economy Parking. Southwest Airlines and US Airways passengers may check their luggage at no additional cost. Airline bag fees still apply.
Here are some important travel tips:
- Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- Be sure to look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. A forgotten weapon can cause you delays, hassles, and even fines. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
- Liquids and gels carried onto the plane must be in 3 oz containers or smaller and placed in a quart-sized zip top bag. The bag must be screened separately. Larger quantities or medically necessary liquids are allowed at the discretion of TSA screeners. Visit tsa.gov or contact TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov or 866-289-9673 for questions.
- If you’re flying out of Terminal 4, the PHX Sky Train provides a two-minute ride from East Economy parking. However, if you’re flying out of Terminals 2 or 3, the most convenient parking is West Economy or the Terminal 2 or 3 garages.
- For updated information on parking lot and garage availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- Visit m.skyharbor.com on your smartphone or tablet to access our mobile website to find out which restaurants and shops are near your gate as well as other Airport information.