Aviation Press Releases
December 17, 2013
Sky Harbor Offers Parking Coupon, Travel Tips and Gift Wrapping
Phoenix, AZ – Traveling this holiday season? America’s Friendliest Airport® is offering a parking coupon, free gift-wrapping and valuable travel tips to help you on your journey.
A parking coupon is available for those planning to park in the Airport terminal garages. The coupon is valid for 40 percent off the terminal garage rate Dec. 18, 2013 – Jan. 6, 2014. The coupon, which can be downloaded and printed from skyharbor.com or shown on a mobile device, allows travelers to park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. This means no waiting for buses – just drive to your terminal, park, and walk directly to the ticket counter or security checkpoint. Customers can stay past Jan. 6; however, the discount is only valid Dec.18 – Jan. 6, 2014. All economy parking lots and garages, including the Terminal 2 garage economy section are excluded. If you’re using the parking coupon you should pull a ticket upon entering the garage.
Sky Harbor is once again offering free gift wrapping at Terminal 4. Remember, the TSA encourages travelers not to wrap their gifts when passing through security. This service will be available on Friday, Dec. 20 and Monday, December 23 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. post-security at the B Checkpoint and near the West Information Counter in Baggage Claim on Level 1. New this year will be a self-wrapping station for those travelers flying into Phoenix. The self-wrapping station will be available from 6 a.m. to midnight on Saturday, Dec. 21 and Sunday, Dec. 22, near the West Information Counter on Level 1. Visit skyharbor.com for more information.
The Airport has these additional travel tips for December travel:
- Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs.
- Before you leave for the airport, review the carry-on rules at tsa.gov. Check your bags for any prohibited items. Food items such as pies and cakes are permitted but may require further inspection. If travelers are not sure if a food item is considered a liquid or gel, it is best to pack the item in checked baggage or ship it to a destination in advance. For questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the TSA at: 866-289-9673 or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- For updated information on parking availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot on your desktop computer or skyharbor.com on your mobile device. Phoenix Sky Harbor also has a 24-hour parking hotline: 602-273-4545
- If you're using the PHX Sky Train® 44th Street or East Economy stations, free Early Bag Check is offered for US Airways and Southwest Airlines customers.
- Sky Harbor now offers free water bottle refilling stations post-security. Simply bring an empty water bottle and fill it once you pass through the security checkpoint.