The goal of the Terminal 3 Modernization Program is to provide an enhanced customer experience, replace aging infrastructure, and to create a more efficient terminal for passengers and business partners.
The program will be constructed in three major components (Terminal Processor, North Concourse, and South Concourse). The timing and sequencing of these components will evolve in response to market conditions.
Major attributes of the program are:
- Consolidated security checkpoint
- Additional ticket counters
- Additional baggage processing capacity
- Additional baggage claim carousels
- New and expanded food concessions and retail
- Additional gates as needed
- Expanded curb for drop-off and pickup
The entire program represents an approximate cost of $590 million. Although the construction will be completed in individual components, the completion of the project is expected in 2020.