Convenience, efficiency and amazing views are on the way as we modernize Terminal 3.
The Terminal 3 Modernization Program will enhance the customer experience for travelers by providing a more efficient way of getting through the terminal. The modernization is planned as three distinct components to maximize flexibility and minimize impact to travelers.
Major attributes of the program are:
- Consolidated security checkpoint
- Additional ticket counters
- Additional baggage processing capacity
- Additional baggage claim carousels
- New and expanded food concessions and retail
- Additional gates as needed
- Expanded curb for drop-off and pickup
The entire program represents an approximate cost of $590 million (in 2014 dollars.) Although the construction will be completed in individual components, the completion of the project is expected in 2020.
Be sure to follow us on our social media channels to see new photos and information about the construction progress.
See a time-lapse video of the steel beam raising at Terminal 3.
NEPA Environmental Documentation
See a design walkthrough of Terminal 3.
Component 1: Terminal Processor
We're improving the way you travel through America's Friendliest Airport®.
- A new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times and get travelers to their gates faster.
- Overhauled HVAC systems and vertical circulation systems.
- New finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Additional airline ticket counters.
- More baggage handling capacity.
Component 2: South Concourse
In this component, the south concourse will be razed. A new 15-gate concourse will replace the structure and be configured in a linear fashion. Additional gates built at this concourse will enable the closure of Terminal Two to airline operations. Major improvements in this area will include new food and retail concessions, large airline hold rooms, and new customer amenities.
Component 3: Terminal Passenger Flow Reconfiguration & Concessions Enhancement
Component 3 provides an upgraded customer experience for passengers using the north concourse, including food and beverage opportunities and enhanced customer amenities with new interior and exterior finishes.