Aviation Employment through the City of Phoenix
Employment with the City of Phoenix at Sky Harbor (including Police and Fire Department jobs), Deer Valley and/or Goodyear airports is through the City of Phoenix Human Resources Department. Visit the city's employment page.
How to apply for a job with the City of Phoenix
1. There are four ways to check which positions are currently open.
- Look at our employment website: www.phoenix.gov and click on "Employment", then "Current Employment Opportunities". While there you may click on the "sign up to get job listings by email" link and an updated list of recruitments will be sent to you weekly.
- Visit the City of Phoenix Application Office at the Human Resources Building located at 135 N. 2nd Avenue to pick up a listing of all current recruitments.
- Call the City's 24-hour job line at (602) 534-JOBS or (602) 534-5627.
- Look at the City's weekly listing of new recruitments listed in the Sunday Arizona Republic.
2. Find a position that you are interested in and qualified for.
Review the job announcement and pay special attention to the "Experience" and "Evaluation" sections. These two areas tell you exactly what qualifications and/or education are required and what the evaluation process is (resume and cover letter, application, testing process or a combination).
3. Complete and submit an application or resume.
On the www.phoenix.gov website you may submit your resume online using our ezAPP program or you may download the application materials. Completed application materials may be mailed or hand-delivered to the City's Application Office.
4. Wait for notification.
A Human Resources Analyst reviews every resume and application to determine if the minimum qualifications for the position are met based on what the applicant submits. Typically, notices are sent within two weeks after the recruitment has closed.
The City of Phoenix interview process
The Human Resources Department creates an eligible list of candidates for all City departments to use.
Departments request an eligible list from the Human Resources Department and select the candidates to interview after reviewing their resumes or applications.
IMPORTANT: If you move or change your phone number, please notify the City of Phoenix Human Resources Department. If you do not, we will have no way to reach you. Contact (602) 262-6277 to update your information.