Providing an enhanced customer experience and creating a more efficient terminal for passengers is the goal of the Terminal Modernization program.
The program will be constructed in three major components (Terminal Processor, North Concourse, and South Concourse). Customer service is very important to America's Friendliest Airport, and the project will be completed in phases to ensure the least amount of disruptions to customers.
Major attributes of the program are:
- Consolidated security checkpoint
- Additional ticket counters
- Additional baggage processing capacity
- Additional baggage claim carousels
- New and expanded food concessions and retail
- Additional gates as needed
- Expanded curb for drop-off and pickup
The entire program represents an approximate cost of $590 million. Although the construction will be completed in individual components, the completion of the project is expected in 2020.
Above and to the right, see a design walkthrough of Terminal 3.