Press Releases - 2016 Archives
Holiday Gift-Wrapping Returns to PHX and More Helpful Travel Tips
December 15, 2016
Phoenix, AZ – Tis the season for holiday travel, and with the busy holiday season approaching, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has a few tips for you as you prepare to travel. Sky Harbor will be busier than usual December 22 through January 3.
Are you planning to travel with gifts? Did you know the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recommends that travelers do not wrap their gifts if they are bringing them through security? Travelers need not worry though, as for the eighth year, America’s Friendliest Airport® will be offering free gift-wrapping for travelers in Terminal 4. From 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. December 22-23 and from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on December 24, gift-wrapping will be available in Terminal 4 in three post-security locations: just past the A Checkpoint, B Checkpoint and C Checkpoint. And, if you have forgotten to pick-up a gift or need something else, check out one of our many retail shops - they have the perfect gifts for even the most difficult to shop for - and then have them wrapped.
Additional holiday travel tips:
- Check flight status with your airline before coming to the Airport, and make sure to give yourself extra time. Arrive at the Airport at least two hours before your flight departs.
- If you are planning to park at the airport, know your options. Visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot to search for parking based on convenience or affordability. This unique features provides real-time parking information. Travelers can also call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545. Phoenix Sky Harbor offers a variety of economy options as well as discounted convenience terminal garage parking through our Prepaid Discount Parking program (skyharbor.com/prepaidparking) New this year for Terminal 4 are two valet parking options. Find out more at skyharbor.com/valet
- Look through your purse or carry-on bag before coming to the Airport. Visit tsa.gov for detailed information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
- Locals Know Where To Go. Use the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train® Station for pick-up and drop-off to avoid roadway traffic and terminal curb congestion. Travelers can hop aboard the free PHX Sky Train® and be to the terminals in a matter of minutes.
- Traveling Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian or JetBlue out of Terminal 3? We’ve recently opened a larger, consolidated security checkpoint to get you to your gate faster. Familiarize yourself with our updated terminal by visiting https://skyharbor.com/TerminalModernization/getting-to-know-your-new-terminal-3
- More travel tips are available at skyharbor.com
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport, has an annual economic impact of nearly $29 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 100,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor. Phoenix Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No tax dollars are used to support the Airport.